ROME, NY – Who says you can only enjoy Delta Lake State Park in the summer?
Saturday, Positively Rome held their 5th Annual Moonlight Trail Night at the park.
Snowshoers, cross country skiers, and just plain hikers, followed a one-mile candlelit trail that looped around the park.
There was also horse-drawn wagon rides for those who didn’t feel like hoofing it.
“Everybody is getting cabin fever this time of year,” says Chris Lambe.
“It’s just a good night to come out and spend some time outside. It feels good to take a mile walk in the crisp weather. It’s a beautiful night out there.”
Every year, Positively Rome donates any extra money they make to a local charity.
This year they are donating their extra funds to support Gavin Maloney who is rehabbing in Boston following a serious injury.
- Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy moonlit trail
- Trail patch sales support NY outdoor recreation projects
- The Cherry Valley Outdoor Games
- Downtown Utica Enjoys Free Concert
- NEWSTALK: Moonlight Trail Event
- Money for snowmobiling trails
- Cold temperatures affect people who work outdoors
- Outdoor retailer 'Herb' Philipson's up for sale
- Sitrin Star enjoying experience at Paralympics
- Clinton Enjoys BBQ and Car Show