Overheated freezer unit causes small fire at Stevens-Swan Humane Society

Photo courtesy of Google Street View

Stevens-Swan Humane Society was closed for several hours Friday following a small fire.

Posted: May 25, 2018 2:01 PM
Updated: May 25, 2018 4:29 PM

DEERFIELD – Stevens-Swan Humane Society was closed for several hours Friday following a small fire.

Fire crews were called to the humane society, located at 5664 Horatio St. in Deerfield, at 11:22 a.m. Friday, according to the Oneida County 911 Center.

The humane society posted on its Facebook page Friday that a freezer unit in a back room overheated and caused a small fire, but it was contained and no animals or people were hurt.

“Scariest day of our lives,” the post reads.

Stevens Swan says there was no smoke damage, and they planned to roepen at 2 p.m.

Article Comments

Utica
Overcast
74° wxIcon
Hi: 78° Lo: 67°
Feels Like: 74°
Oneonta
Broken Clouds
73° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 73°
Herkimer
Overcast
74° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 74°
Thendara
Overcast
74° wxIcon
Hi: 73° Lo: 61°
Feels Like: 74°
WKTV Radar
WKTV Temperatures
WKTV Severe Weather
Click for Boilermaker Results & Coverage
Click here to learn more about A Healthier Mohawk Valley
Less that 50 Golf Cards left ... only $79.99 for 28 courses
Great California Adventure with Callihan Marshall