DEERFIELD – Stevens-Swan Humane Society was closed for several hours Friday following a small fire.
Fire crews were called to the humane society, located at 5664 Horatio St. in Deerfield, at 11:22 a.m. Friday, according to the Oneida County 911 Center.
The humane society posted on its Facebook page Friday that a freezer unit in a back room overheated and caused a small fire, but it was contained and no animals or people were hurt.
“Scariest day of our lives,” the post reads.
Stevens Swan says there was no smoke damage, and they planned to roepen at 2 p.m.
- Overheated freezer unit causes small fire at Stevens-Swan Humane Society
- Stevens-Swan Humane Society in need of laundry detergent donations
- The Stevens-Swan Humane Society celebrates annual 'Fur Ball' fundraiser
- Stevens-Swan Humane Society Telethon: Make the call to save them all!
- Stevens-Swan Humane Society Telethon: Help local animals find furever homes
- NewsTalk: Stevens-Swan's Christmas Cash Raffle winners chosen
- Stevens-Swan plans to renovate and expand Utica facility
- Surveillance video shows cat thrown from car window in Stevens-Swan parking lot
- 5 puppies, named after vacuums, find homes thanks to Stevens-Swan's post
- NEWSTALK: FURever Friend Humane Society of Rome