OLD FORGE – The owners of Bite Bakery and Café in Utica have opened up a new bakery in Old Forge.
The new bakery, called Wisk Baking Company, opened its doors for the first time on Friday at 117 Crosby Blvd., Old Forge.
The owner says they always make everything from scratch, and it’s the product that people are drawn to.
In addition to offering bagels, doughnuts and crepes, Wisk is currently the only bakery in town that’s offering custom cakes, and they’ve already received more than 20 cake orders.
The owner says the bakery is set up with the tourists in mind.
“It's designed more toward grab-and-go, because up here the weather, when it's beautiful, people want to be out on the water,” said Douglas Allen Leonard, owner of Wisk Baking Company. “So they can come here in the morning and get bagels and doughnuts and take it back to the camp and spend the day on the water.”
Wisk Baking Company plans to be open 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday, throughout the entire year.
- Owners of Bite Bakery open Wisk Baking Co. in Old Forge
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Butternut Squash Apple Bake
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- Baby stabbed, baked in oven in Mississippi
- Old Forge welcomes home Maddie Phaneuf
- Snodeo 2018 wraps up in Old Forge
- Sunny weather brings tourism to Old Forge
- NYC's Magnolia Bakery plans expansion across the US
- National publication touts Utica bakery’s chocolate croissant
- New music production company 'Tha Bakery' launches in Utica