NEW SCOTLAND, N.Y. (AP) - A popular state park trail beneath a cliff face offering panoramic views of the Albany area is re-opening after a project to make it safer.
The Indian Ladder Trail at John Boyd Thacher State Park is reopening Saturday. The trail was closed as workers removed loose rock from slopes along the trail.
Last summer, a woman hiking along the trail was seriously injured when she was struck by falling rocks.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Park trail reopened as loose rocks removed from cliffs
- Bridge removed, Canal Reopened
- 2 Horses on the Loose
- New Hartford Police investigate robbery at Cliff's
- Riggies, Greens & Rock!
- Riggies, Greens, and Rock!
- Buffalo on the loose in Otsego County
- NEWSTALK: Moonlight Trail Event
- Money for snowmobiling trails
- Adirondack Park Agency proposal would allow rail-trail plan