UTICA, N.Y. – The Parkway Center has received $7,500 to recruit and train volunteer census takers.
The Parkways Center is looking for volunteers over 50 to focus specifically on assisting their peers and older adults with filling out the census forms.
“It is so important that everyone gets counted. We are looking for eight to 10 senior volunteers 50-plus to be a part of our census team, who will be trained to help their peers complete the census forms, which can help reduce the fear and anxiety many older adults have of about participating in this process,” said Kelly Walters, executive director of the Parkway Center.
Anyone interest in volunteering should call the Parkway Center Volunteer Department at 315-223-3973 ext. 122.
- Parkway Center seeking census volunteers
- Parkway Center is always looking for volunteers
- Vietnam veterans honored at Parkway Center ceremony
- Mug Club: Parkway Center's Winter Ball
- Service members honored at Parkway Center luncheon
- Mug Club: Parkway Center Winter Ball
- Kuyahoora Volunteer Ambulance Company seeking financial assistance
- Irish Cultural Center seeking workers
- Construction on new visitor center begins along Utica's Memorial Parkway
- Parkway Center event raises $8,500 to benefit local veterans