Job title: Part-time Multimedia Journalist
Description: WKTV NewsChannel 2, the dominant #1 NBC, CBS, and CW affiliate in Utica, New York, is in search of a part-time news multimedia journalist and video editor. The successful candidate will be able to write copy, shoot and edit video, operate live shot equipment, and publish content to the station’s website and social media platforms. Must be self-reliant and have a willingness to perform a variety of assigned tasks. Excellent writing skills, a smooth on-air presence, and a thorough understanding of modern digital journalism are a must.
Skill requirements: Must be proficient in broadcast writing, videography, and nonlinear editing. Must be social media savvy and skilled in writing for online publication. Must be able to lift and carry professional camera gear. Must have a clean driving record and pass a drug test. Must be willing to work flexible shifts, including overnights, weekends, and holidays. Must have a college degree in journalism or communications, or equivalent professional experience.
WKTV is an equal opportunity employer.
Position opens: Immediately
Search closes: When a suitable candidate is found
Hours: Part-time (30 hours per week)
Supervisor: News Director
Qualifications: College degree required
Email resumes to: Jeremy Ryan, News Director -- email@example.com
EMAIL ONLY. PHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Part-time Multimedia Journalist
- Journalists: More Lauer allegations being probed
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office seeks part-time correction officers
- Oneida County Sheriff's Dept. looking for part-time corrections officers
- Top French journalists used Facebook group to harass women
- Peak fall color in parts of CNY
- North Korea: Time to talk?
- Digital health: Managing tech time
- Trump talks Russia investigation with the Times
- House shopping: The time to buy?