House Speaker Paul Ryan will be visiting the Southern Tier today to attend a fundraiser for Rep. Claudia Tenney, the congresswoman confirmed to NEWSChannel 2.
Tenney is seeking re-election to the 22nd Congressional District and she will face Democratic challenger Anthony Brindisi in the Nov. 6 election.
According to NBC affiliate CNYCentral, Paul Ryan will be attending separate, private fundraisers for Tenney and Rep. John Katko today. He will also attend fundraisers for Rep. Elise Stefanik and Rep. John Faso, who represents the 19th Congressional District, which includes Otsego County.
Details on the private fundraisers have not been confirmed, but someone with an invitation told CNYCentral that Ryan will be attending a $1,000-plate dinner for Katko at 5 p.m. in Syracuse.
Ryan has decided not to seek re-election and he will retire from Congress after his term is up in January.
- Paul Ryan attends fundraiser for Tenney in Southern Tier
- Presidential price tag: Cost to attend Trump fundraiser for Congresswoman Tenney
- Oh baby! 15 pound arrival sets hospital record in the Southern Tier
- WATCH: President Donald Trump speaks at Tenney's fundraiser in Utica
- House Speaker Paul Ryan won't seek re-election
- Tenney Speaks on Tax Bill
- Tenney talks possible government shutdown
- Tenney Re-Election Gets Heated
- Eric Trump to attend rally for Tenney in New Hartford tomorrow
- Ticket holder confirms Trump/Tenney fundraiser will be at Hotel Utica