ROME, NY - A garage was damaged by fire Wednesday morning in the City of Rome.
Oneida County 911 reports firefighters were called to Scott Avenue around 8:42 a.m. for a structure fire. Witnesses say smoke and flames were visible.
The Rome Fire Department says the garage, which is owned by Mac Contracting, contained a backhoe and some trucks which were damaged by the fire. However, the building can be repaired.
The owner of the building tells NewsChannel 2 the fire started in a pellet stove and spread to other parts of the garage.
No injuries were reported.