WILMINGTON, N.Y. – A Pennsylvania man died in a skiing accident at Whiteface Mountain on Dec. 23 while visiting the resort with his family.
The New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation in Ray Brook determined 21-year-old Nicholas Koch, from Danville, Penn., was heading down the Lower Northway Trail on skis when he went off the trail a struck a group of trees.
Whiteface Mountain personnel and Wilmington EMS responded to the scene of the accident.
Koch was transported to the University of Vermont Health Center in Burlington, Vt., where he later died from his injuries.
Police ask anyone who may have witnessed the incident to contact them at 518-873-2750.
- Pennsylvania man dies after ski accident at Whiteface Mountain
- $14M set aside to reconstruct scorched Whiteface Mountain ski lodge
- Searchers look for 49-year-old skier on Whiteface Mountain
- Jet ski accident in Sylvan Beach
- Man dies in Lewis County snowmobile accident
- Bear bites employee at Pennsylvania resort
- McCauley Mountain holds first Adirondack Mountain Bike Festival
- 12-year-old Waterville student dies following sledding accident
- Oneonta woman dies from injuries sustained in car-pedestrain accident
- Lewis County man killed in farming accident