WESTMORELAND, N.Y. -- A picture posted to social media had the Oneida County Sheriff's Office responding to Westmoreland High School.
The picture showed a 15-year-old student in class with what appeared to be a rifle barrel protruding from his coat.
Students saw the post and said something as they're instructed to do.
The sheriff's office determined the picture was Photoshopped, and two students were involved in the incident.
Deputies say at no time were the students or staff placed in any danger.
- Photoshopped social media picture alarms students in Westmoreland
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- Westmoreland residents receive KKK materials
- Westmoreland Masonic Lodge Open House
- Westmoreland town pool officially opens
- Three injured in Westmoreland accident
- 11-year-old Westmoreland student charged after 'concerning' note is found
- 7 students uninjured after SUV crashes into Westmoreland school bus
- Dueling memos paint different pictures