ROME, N.Y. -- Physicians Urgent Care, located in Griffiss Business & Technology Park in Rome, is suspending its services, starting Wednesday, until further notice.
Health officials say there aren’t many patients looking for urgent care services with so many people staying home due to state mandates and social distancing guidelines. Many are also taking advantage of telehealth options to avoid physically going to medical facilities.
“The expanded telehealth services support social distancing recommendations during the COVID-19 pandemic and also address the transportation barriers that many of our patients face,” said Rosemel Atkinson, Rome Memorial Hospital’s vice president of physician practices.
This is also allowing the health care workers at the urgent care to go to other medical facilities if there is a greater need.
“With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are strategically adapting our clinical resources among our practices to best meet the community’s needs,” Atkinson said, adding that telehealth services have enhanced accessibility at all of the hospital’s practices.
Rome Memorial Hospital’s Emergency Department is still open 24 hours a day.
Office and telehealth appointments can be scheduled at the following practices:
- Rome Medical Group 315-337-3770
- Rome Medical Group Pediatrics 315-337-2456
- Delta Medical 315-338-7184
- Camden Family Care 315-245-3192
- Boonville Family Care 315.942.3500
Rome Medical Practice Specialists
- Neurology 315-356-7380
- Obstetrics & Gynecology 315-338-7284
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine 315-338-9200
- Surgical Specialists at Griffiss 315-356-7770
- Surgical Specialists at 1614 N. James St. 315-337-0202
- Urology 315-356-7390