UTICA, N.Y. -- Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente Jr. appointed two new commissioners Thursday, one for the Department of Public Works and the other for the Planning Department.
James Genovese has been working in the Picente administration since 2013, and led initiatives like Vision 2020 and the Dairy Farmer Sustainability Action Plan. He will take on his new role as commissioner of the Oneida County Planning Department on Feb. 26.
“I’m humbled by the opportunity to continue to serve this administration in a new capacity, and I thank County Executive Picente for his continued confidence in my work,” Genovese said. “I look forward to carrying out his vision in a department that is filled with the talent and expertise that is vital to moving this community forward.”
Mark Laramie will become DPW commissioner on March 28, after working in county government for 30 years. He was formerly the deputy commissioner of the Public Works Department’s Division of Engineering. Laramie is replacing Dennis Davis, who is retiring after working for the county for nearly 40 years.
“As Oneida County Government continues to move forward into a new era, I am pleased to have dynamic and innovative leaders like Mark Laramie and James Genovese head two of our key departments,” Picente said. “Mark has played an essential role in our Department of Public Works for decades, managing our buildings and grounds, two airfields and overseeing crucial capital projects with excellence. James has worked hand-in-hand with the Planning Department during his time in my office to advance several initiatives and I look forward to him taking that department in a new direction that will help execute my vision for Oneida County.”
Regina Venettozzi will return to her position as chief planner after serving as interim planning commissioner since John Kent retired.
- Picente appoints new county commissioners
- Picente appoints new probation director
- New aviation commissioner appointed in Oneida County
- Picente unveils proposed 2018 Oneida County budget
- Picente delivers State of the County address
- Picente unveils 2019 Oneida County budget proposal
- Picente: Oneida County in excellent fiscal health
- Picente declares 'Sheriff's Week' in Oneida County
- Picente projected to win county executive race
- Picente provides update on U District plans