ROME, N.Y. -- The Oneida County executive is calling on Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York City mayor to help facilitate a partnership between Amazon's headquarters downstate with Oneida County’s drone research and development.
In letters to Cuomo and Bill deBlasio, picante wrote that Amazon has been clear that they intend to develop drone package delivery. And he says the best place in the nation to do that is at the Griffiss Business and Technology Park in Rome.
Amazon is getting more than a billion dollars in incentives to open in Queens.
- Picente calls on Cuomo, deBlasio to bring Amazon HQ2 jobs to Oneida County
- Picente unveils proposed 2018 Oneida County budget
- Picente unveils 2019 Oneida County budget proposal
- Picente: Oneida County in excellent fiscal health
- Picente, Timpano seeking re-election in Oneida County
- Picente: Oneida County will not charge for paper bags
- Two Oneida County executive hopefuls debate, Picente not in attendance
- Decision 2019: Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente talks upcoming primary
- Picente: Oneida Co. youth volunteered 5,685 hours in 2017
- Report: Amazon picks New York and Northern Virginia for HQ2