NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. -- After a late afternoon crash on Tuesday, Genesee Street is now back open and power is restored in New Hartford. This report came into our newsroom around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday morning. Crews spent just over 12 hours on the scene to clear away crash debris and restore power to the area of the crash.
A pickup crash in New Hartford shut down a portion of Genesee Street Tuesday.
A pickup truck crashed into a pole right outside of Village Floral on Genesee Street around 4:30 p.m.
Wires were seen hanging very low, and were actually touching the truck. The utility pole that the pickup hit is severed.
The traffic light at the heavily traveled intersection was out, and National Grid crews were on the scene.
Traffic was backed up in both directions, while impacting travel between between Oxford Road and Campion Road.
The driver was able to get out of the vehicle, but there is still no word on any injuries.
The cause is still under investigation.
- Genesee Street: Power is restored and lanes back open
- Power restored in New Hartford
- Genesee Street Market to be held every Friday this summer
- Bridge construction will cause Genesee Street and Route 8 closures
- Genesee Street crash slows traffic near New Hartford Shopping Center
- North Genesee Street NB closed to four corners in Utica
- UPDATE: Route 8 Bridge over Genesee Street scheduled to open on Wednesday
- UPDATE: Widespread power outage mostly restored
- Genesee Brewery gets $48.5 million makeover
- UPD Looking for man who robbed Adirondack Bank on Genesee Street