Pipe-bomb suspect had hit list of targets

In this undated photo released by the Broward County Sheriff's office, Cesar Sayoc is seen in a booking photo, in Miami. (Broward County Sheriff's Office via AP)

An official tells The Associated Press that the man suspected of sending the bombs kept a list of apparent targets.

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 10:17 AM

MIAMI (AP) - Law enforcement officials aren't sure whether they've discovered the last of the pipe bombs mailed to prominent Democrats and other opponents of President Donald Trump. They've said the packages were staggered, and more could be somewhere in the U.S. mail system.

What's more, an official tells The Associated Press that the man suspected of sending the bombs kept a list of apparent targets.

As 56-year-old Cesar Sayoc was ordered held in Miami on Monday, bomb squads responded to a suspicious mailing to CNN headquarters in Atlanta said to be similar to the pipe bombs recovered last week.

The official said authorities had recovered soldering equipment, a printer, and stamps after arresting Sayoc. Authorities believe he was assembling explosives in his van. The official wasn't authorized to discuss the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity.

(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Article Comments

Utica
Overcast
20° wxIcon
Hi: 31° Lo: 25°
Feels Like: 20°
Oneonta
Clear
13° wxIcon
Hi: 30° Lo: 24°
Feels Like: 13°
Herkimer
Overcast
20° wxIcon
Hi: 31° Lo: 25°
Feels Like: 20°
Thendara
Overcast
20° wxIcon
Hi: 23° Lo: 20°
Feels Like: 20°
WKTV Radar
WKTV Temperatures
WKTV Severe Weather
Click here to learn more about A Healthier Mohawk Valley
23 courses for only $79.99
Stuff the Bus Locations
Home Free Contest
Flood Coverage