NEW YORK (AP) - Planned Parenthood Empire State Acts has endorsed Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul for re-election, saying they're championing and protecting New Yorkers' rights.
The independent, political arm of Planned Parenthood in New York state cites Cuomo's accomplishments, including the Women's Equality Act; a law to combat sexual assault on college campuses; the paid leave program; raising the minimum wage to $15; fighting for pay equity; and removing firearms from domestic abusers.
It also credits the Democrat's administration with helping improve New Yorkers' health through increased contraception access and coverage, working to combat maternal mortality, and preserving access to safe and legal abortions.
PPESA President Robin Chappelle Golston says in a release Wednesday that legal abortion "hangs in the balance" with Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. She says Cuomo and Hochul are strong leaders fighting for women's reproductive rights.
- Planned Parenthood political group endorses Cuomo, Hochul
- Liberal group endorses Nixon over Cuomo in NY governor race
- Hochul wins New York lieutenant governor primary
- Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul talks state budget in Utica
- Comptroller: Cuomo's budget plan raises oversight concerns
- Watchdog group: probe ex-Cuomo aide's use of state office
- Cuomo appoints group to draft bill for regulating marijuana
- Cuomo now plans to give away all of Weinstein's donations
- Local drug treatment center reacts to Cuomo's opioid crisis plans
- NY lawmakers to review Cuomo's local government plan