UTICA, N.Y. – Plans are moving ahead for the new Nexus Center, a sports complex that will be located next to the Adirondack Bank Center.
Mohawk Valley Garden President Rob Esche says the organization would like to sign a contract with a construction company by Thanksgiving.
"We're hoping that sometime the end of November, early December, that we're going to start moving around, then after the demo of the actual slabs and things of that nature and the pilings they start pounding in, I believe there's 536 of them. And then we go right through the winter," said Esche.
Sports tournaments will be held in the center, bringing people from outside the area to Utica for these events.
Esche says the center should be open before next winter.
- Plans for Nexus Center push forward
- Nexus Center expected to open in December
- AUD Authority purchases Tartan Textile property for future Nexus Center
- Utica's Nexus Center slated to bank $22M from state budget
- Subcontractors gather for Nexus Center meet-and-greet
- Revenue from hotel tax increase will help fund Nexus Center
- Officials break ground at site of new Nexus Center sports complex
- Plans moving forward for new dorms at Utica College
- Government officials push for funding to help local health centers
- Downtown hospital project pushes forward as crews demolish second building within footprint