UTICA – Several people have contacted NEWSChannel 2 asking if Broadway Utica’s production of “Cinderella” is still happening tonight due to the inclement weather, and as they say in show business, the show must go on.
Broadway Utica’s executive director Derek Clark says he’s received hundreds of calls from theater-goers wondering if “Cinderella” is still on tonight at the Stanley Theater. He says that curtain time is still 7:30 p.m., and they’ve made some extra arrangements to ease people’s concerns.
Clark says he spoke with Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri on Tuesday ahead of the storm and that parking tickets, towing and other weather-related penalties will be excused for Stanley Theater patrons tonight. Although the city’s snow emergency hasn’t been lifted yet, those in Utica to see the show won’t be ticketed if they park in the right spots.
“The parking lots will be accessible as well as the street parking between the hours of 6 and 10 p.m.,” Clark said. “We have the parking lot here at the 258 Genesee [Street] building, we have parking behind us, as well as parking at the Quanterion building, just south of the 258 building that you can also park at.”
Clark says the cast, sets and all of the props were delivered and prepared with no problems.
There will be another showing of “Cinderella” at 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Broadway Utica's production of 'Cinderella' still on tonight
- Parking information for Utica Comets game tonight
- New music production company 'Tha Bakery' launches in Utica
- Molinaro to host town hall in Utica tonight
- Broadway musical Hello, Dolly! coming to Stanley Theater in September
- NFL Kickoff Tonight
- Be Local BBQ highlights local products
- CNY Fashion Week to be held tonight at Breezes in Utica
- Utica Brewfest 2018- Utica Zoo's biggest fundraiser
- Utica councilmember: waive raises