A quiet start to the morning with even some sunshine! Temperatures are starting out in the low to mid 20s but warm up into the 30s this afternoon. The big question is will it be warm enough for plain rain this afternoon and evening? The NWS has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for all of Central NY with the chance for some freezing rain. Precipitation moves in around the Noon hour, with temperatures above freezing for the Mohawk Valley.
Hilltops to the south and areas to the north and east of Utica will hold on to the cold air a bit longer into the afternoon, which means freezing rain/drizzle is possible. Even though precipitation will be light, it only takes a coating of ice to make for slippery road conditions. Everyone changes over to plain rain by the afternoon as temperatures warm up into the upper 30s to near 40 degrees.
With the rain and mild temperatures, whatever snow we saw on Thursday will be pretty much gone by the end of the weekend. Most of Saturday looks dry with an isolated shower late in the day. More in the way of widespread rain on Sunday with temperatures near 50 degrees.
- Pockets of Freezing Rain Friday
- Freezing Rain Timeline
- Freezing rain expected Wednesday
- Freezing rain expected Saturday night
- Freezing Rain and Windy Conditions Sunday Morning
- Freezing Rain Possible Saturday Afternoon and Night
- Freezing rain, sleet, and snow on Sunday
- Snow, sleet, and freezing rain Tuesday/Wednesday
- Freezing rain, sleet, and snow for Sunday
- Heavy rain possible Friday