Two Utica men are facing charges after they were allegedly found with 226 grams of cocaine during a traffic stop in Westchester County, according to New York State Police.
Police say around 9:02 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12, troopers stopped a vehicle on I-87 in the village of Ardsley, Westchester County, for multiple vehicle and traffic violations. While interviewing the driver, 58-year-old Matthew Cuda of Utica, police say they found probable cause to search the vehicle.
During the search of the vehicle and Cuda’s passenger, 36-year-old Dennis Rodgers, police say they found approximately 226 grams of cocaine and approximately one gram of marijuana.
Cuda and Rodgers were both taken into custody and charged with felony second-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and felony third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Cuda was also charged with misdemeanor second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, as well as vehicle and traffic violations.
Rodgers was also charged with misdemeanor resisting arrest, misdemeanor second-degree obstruction of governmental administration, and the violations of second-degree harassment and unlawful possession of marijuana.
The two men were arraigned in the Village of Ardsley Court and sent to the Westchester County Jail without bail. They’re due back in court Monday afternoon.
- Police: 2 Utica men found with 226 grams of cocaine during traffic stop
- Utica traffic stop leads to cocaine charge for Oneida man
- Cocaine and synthetic marijuana found during Rome traffic stop
- Police: Utica man tries to swallow bag of crack cocaine during traffic stop, pursuit
- Four men arrested after loaded gun, pot, cash found during Utica traffic stop, police say
- Two men found with large amounts of pot following Thruway traffic stop, state police say
- Police: Utica man found with more than a pound of marijuana during traffic stop
- Rome police: Fentanyl found on Remsen woman during traffic stop
- Traffic stop leads to meth charges for Lewis County men
- Traffic stop leads to drug charges for 2 Rome men