LYONS, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities believe they have found the skeletal remains of a 1-year-old child on an upstate New York farm where a woman's body was discovered buried last spring.
Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts says Tuesday that the remains found last week scattered in a wooded area are consistent with those of a 1-year-old child. He says the remains have been sent to the medical examiner's office in Rochester for identification.
Police say Owen Hidalgo-Calderon was last seen with his mother, Selena Hidalgo-Calderon, on May 16 at a farm in Sodus, where they lived with her boyfriend. Her body was found a week later in a bag buried on the farm.
Virts has said the boyfriend admitted to burying her, but not killing her. He's in jail on an evidence tampering charge.
- Police: Apparent skeletal remains of baby found on farm
- Police: Sullivan couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Visit the new babies at the Conley Farm Day
- Father of baby found in roadway talks
- Victims identified in apparent murder-suicide
- Demi Lovato hospitalized for apparent drug overdose
- DiNitto Farms holds annual Farm Fest
- Newstalk: Farming Your Future
- More remains found hidden in former funeral home
- UPDATE: Missing baby from Amber Alert found safe