UTICA, N.Y. -- Several arrests have been made after a Utica Police Department tobacco purchasing sting.
The UPD Tactical Unit says that on Tuesday, they conducted a tobacco compliance check at several Utica businesses. Police had an undercover agent under the age of 18 visit stores and attempted to buy tobacco products.
The following people were arrested during the investigation:
- Farok Hamood, age 22, of Utica Oneida Square Market, 1331 Oneida St
- Musleh Alzendani, age 69, of Utica Cornhill Market, 1447 Neilson St
- Mohammed Altairi, age 19, of Utica Five Star Smoke Shop, 423 Trenton Rd
- Mahammed Zaidan, age 19, of Utica Zalatano’s, 347 James St
- Mohamed Alshuja, age 39, of Utica Romano Convenience, 1321 Oneida St
All those listed have been charged with unlawfully dealing with a child in the second degree, which is a Class B misdemeanor.
The stores that were in compliance were notified by the department.
- Police: Arrests made in Utica tobacco purchasing sting
- 5 women charged following Utica prostitution sting
- Arrests made in Utica shots-fired investigation
- Name change: The Grand purchases Heritage Healthcare in Utica
- Arrest made in Adirondack Bank robbery in Utica
- MVHS Purchase option agreement deadline
- Proposed restrictions on tobacco and e-cigarettes
- Paying sales tax for Online purchases
- Arrest made following high-speed chase that ended in Utica crash
- UPDATE: Utica police make arrest in armed home invasion robbery