UTICA, N.Y. – Utica police say the man suspected of fatally shooting 26-year-old Chante Miller on Blandina Street Monday is 29-year-old Anthony Oliver-Kenney.
Police say Miller and Oliver-Kenney were in a relationship, and have two young children together.
Oliver-Kenney is still in critical condition after shooting himself in the head, in what police are calling a failed suicide attempt.
Police say because of his condition, they cannot formally arraign Oliver-Kenney for second-degree murder.
"At this point, his condition hinders us from having him arraigned on the charges of murder, so that's why we are presenting it to the district attorney's office to see if it will be presented to the grand jury," said Lt. Bryan Coromato.
Police will continue to monitor Oliver-Kenney’s medical condition as they work with the DA on the case.
- Police: Blandina Street murder suspect was in a relationship with victim
- Police identify Blandina Street shooting victim
- Blandina Street garage fire under investigation
- Utica police investigating reported shots fired on Blandina Street
- Victim in John Street stabbing dies of injuries; suspect now charged with murder
- Bleecker Street fatal shooting suspect arraigned on murder charge
- Police ID Steuben Street shooting victim in Utica
- Sesame Street says Bert and Ernie's relationship status is not complicated
- Utica Police: Bleecker Street homicide suspect arrested in Pennsylvania