UTICA, N.Y. -- A man is recovering from his injuries after being shot in Utica Saturday.
Around 1:30 a.m., Utica police responded to the 800 block of Mohawk Street after a reported shots fired incident.
When they arrived at the scene, they found a male victim suffering from a gunshot wound in the upper back.
The investigation showed that a fight allegedly broke out prior to the shooting, and while the crowd of people was dispersing -- someone began firing a gun.
The victim was hit, and the was treated by the Utica Fire Department before being sent to a local hospital.
His injuries are not considered to be life-threatening.
The investigation is ongoing, but UPD is asking anyone with information to call 315-223-3510. All calls will be kept confidential.
- Police: Fight leads to weekend shooting on Mohawk Street in Utica
- Utica police ID teen killed in Elizabeth Street shooting
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Police ID Steuben Street shooting victim in Utica
- Utica police investigating death on William Street
- UPDATE: Utica police investigating homicide on Elizabeth Street in Utica
- Utica Welcomes UFC Fight Night
- Man accused in Utica's South Street shooting finds attorney
- St. Vincent Street shooting suspect still at large in Utica
- Dollar General on Mohawk Street to hold grand opening Saturday