Utica police have identified the man who was killed in a crash involving a motorized scooter last week.
Last Friday, June 8, 52-year-old Timothy Blanchard of Utica was struck by a car while riding his motorized scooter at the intersection of Mohawk and South streets in Utica. Blanchard was rushed to the hospital with serious injuries, and he died in the hospital the following morning.
Police say that Blanchard was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash and the scooter he was riding on was not street legal.
Police have not yet identified the person who was driving the car that struck Blanchard, but they say nobody has been ticketed or charged at this time.
Police say the full accident reconstruction is not yet complete.
- Police ID Utica man killed in crash involving motorized scooter
- Police ID Utica man killed in Higby Road crash
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- UPDATE: Police ID New Hartford man killed in motorcycle crash
- Utica police ID teen killed in Elizabeth Street shooting
- New York motor vehicles agency touts Real and Enhanced ID
- UPDATE: 1 man dead in accident involving scooter
- Utica man involved in Culver Ave. crash has died
- Police ID Utica shooting suspect, victim remains critical
- Police ID teen shot in the chest in Utica