YORKVILLE - State Police confirm to NewsChannel 2 they are investigating a homicide in the Village of Yorkville.
Troopers say they have taken a 37-year-old man into custody for allegedly stabbing his brother inside the residence they shared at 10 Jones Place.
The Oneida County 911 Center says Yorkville Police were initially called to the home at 3:50 a.m. for what was then referred to as an assault. State Police were notified about a half hour later.
Police say this is the first homicide in Yorkville since 2010.
NewsChannel 2 will have more on this story as it develops.
- Yorkville man accused of stabbing his brother to death
- Police ID Yorkville man accused of stabbing brother to death
- Yorkville man accused of stabbing brother to death indicted by grand jury
- Yorkville man accused of stabbing brother to death pleads not guilty
- Yorkville man accused of stabbing brother to death rejects plea offer
- Yorkville Fire Memorial
- Yorkville murder: new information
- Trial begins for Yorkville man accused of 2015 murder
- Trial begins for Oneida man accused of stabbing man to death in fall 2016
- Utica man accused of stabbing man to death receives plea deal