GRAND ISLAND, N.Y. (AP) - Police in upstate New York say a 2-year-old girl has died and a self-proclaimed mommy blogger is a suspect in the girl's death.
The Erie County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Brianna Valenti faces several charges in the death of the toddler, who died Saturday. WKBW-TV reports Valenti is an acquaintance of the girl's biological father.
Deputies say the girl was rushed to the hospital on Sept. 10 after she reportedly passed out at her Grand Island home. Investigators say the 2-year-old sustained injuries that resulted in her unresponsiveness.
According to social media, Valenti is a self-described mommy blogger. She's being held Monday in the county jail on $150,000 bail.
The district attorney's office says it doesn't have the name of her lawyer yet.
- Police: Mommy blogger prime suspect in death of toddler
- Prime Care Coordination opens in Utica
- Toddler shreds more than $1,000 in cash
- Amazon boosts monthly Prime membership fees by 20 percent
- Police: Foul play not suspected in death of Yorkville woman found outside
- Herkimer woman charged after toddler falls from second-story window
- Two MOVAC paramedics awarded for response to injured toddler
- Community offers support for Rome toddler losing battle with leukemia
- 13th person dies week after apartment fire caused by toddler
- Amber Alert for 14-month-old toddler after mother's body found