UPDATE - The woman who died in the fire lived in that home. The fire chief says firefighters recovered the victim's body in the front of the house.
One New Hartford firefighter was taken to a local hospital after being injured during rescue efforts.
Several other members of the New Hartford Fire Department have also reported of minor cold weather-related injuries.
The name or age of the victim is not being released until family is notified.
The home is expected to be a total loss.
Assisting the New Hartford Fire Department during the fire, were firefighters from Willowvale Fire Company and the Yorkville Fire Department. In total, there were 42 New Hartford firefighters on scene trying to combat the fire.
NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. -- Firefighters in New Hartford battled dangerous, sub-zero temperatures, along with flames, at a fatal house fire on Arbor Drive.
A woman was found dead in the house around 2 p.m. by firefighters, according to the New Hartford police chief.
State fire investigators were also called to the scene.
Firefighters fought the flames in single digit temperatures, with a wind chill that felt like 17 below zero.
The fire’s cause and origin are still under investigation.
No names or ages have been released on the victim.
- Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- Police: Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- House Fire in New Hartford
- New Hartford woman killed in Arbor Drive fire identified
- House Fire in New Hartford Under Investigation
- Chenango County woman killed in house fire
- UPDATE: Police ID New Hartford man killed in motorcycle crash
- Police: Syracuse woman stole 49 shirts from New Hartford Macy's
- Police: New Hartford woman arrested following domestic dispute
- New Hartford police seek larceny suspect