NEW HARTFORD - Police say no shots were fired after an investigation late Monday night.
They're now saying it was fireworks.
New Hartford Police officers were dispatched to Willowtree Circle just before midnight. Kirkland Police and Oneida County sheriff's deputies were also called in to assist.
Police say those who live in the neighborhood reported hearing two gunshots. Officers interviewed the people who live at the address in question, and they were unaware and sleeping at the time.
The department says they believe people actually heard loud fireworks, not gunshots.
NEW HARTFORD - New Hartford Police were dispatched to 33 Willowtree Circle in New Hartford just before Midnight Monday for a shots fired incident.
According to the Oneida County 911 Dispatch page, Kirkland Police as well as Oneida County Sheriff's Deputies were also dispatched to the scene twenty minutes after the initial call.
When NEWSChannel 2 crews arrived on scene, police wouldn't let them close to the area because they said it was still an active investigation.
We are working to get more information and we will update you as soon as it becomes available to us.
- UPDATE: Police say report of shots fired was actually fireworks
- Fireworks options
- Utica police investigating reported shots fired on Blandina Street
- Legal vs. illegal fireworks
- Fireworks safety: Don't blow it!
- UPDATE: 3 people charged following shots fired on Gold Street
- Shots fired on Churchill Avenue
- Rome Police looking for suspects after shots fired incident
- Chicago police: Shots fired near hospital, multiple victims
- Police make arrest after shots fired during fight