NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. -- Speeding caused the crash in New Hartford that tied up traffic and led to a power outage, according to police.
It happened on Genesee Street at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, and the area was shut down to traffic for 12 hours.
New Hartford police say 70-year-old Sharon Dempsey, of Vernon Center, lost control of her pickup truck when she was trying to turn right onto Genesee Street from Oxford Road.
National grid had to remove the utility pole that fell on her truck.
Dempsey was ticketed, but she was not hurt.
- Police: Speeding caused New Hartford crash that shut down Genesee Street
- Genesee Street crash slows traffic near New Hartford Shopping Center
- Fire in Downtown Utica Shuts Down Genesee Street
- Street Corner Market opens on Genesee Street
- Bridge construction will cause Genesee Street and Route 8 closures
- Genesee Street Market to be held every Friday this summer
- North Genesee Street NB closed to four corners in Utica
- Genesee Street: Power is restored and lanes back open
- Firestone on Genesee Street to become Tallman Tires next week
- UPDATE: Genesee Street back open after overnight closure