CAMDEN – New York State Police were investigating a reported hunting accident in the Camden area that occurred over the weekend.
New York State Police say a 14-year-old was struck by pellets in the upper torso and neck. Police say two hunters shot toward an embankment at a flying duck, and the teen was walking close by.
Police say his injuries are superficial.
State police have now turned the case over to investigators with the state Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Police: Teen struck by pellets from duck hunters in Camden area
- 17-year-old Camden student arrested following fight with another teen
- State police investigating roadside trash fires in Camden
- Former Camden high school student pleads guilty
- Law enforcement investigating a drowning in Camden
- Camden man critically injured in snowmobile crash
- Camden High School to offer drone course
- Rome man charged in pellet gun shooting sentenced to probation
- Camden mom accused of pepper spraying and pushing her teen children while drunk
- UPDATE: Police say man shot friend with pellet gun in Rome