CAMDEN – New York State Police were investigating a reported hunting accident in the Camden area that occurred over the weekend.
New York State Police say a 14-year-old was struck by pellets in the upper torso and neck. Police say two hunters shot toward an embankment at a flying duck, and the teen was walking close by.
Police say his injuries are superficial.
State police have now turned the case over to investigators with the state Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Police: Teen struck by pellets from duck hunters in Camden area
- State police investigating roadside trash fires in Camden
- Former Camden high school student pleads guilty
- Law enforcement investigating a drowning in Camden
- UPDATE: Police say man shot friend with pellet gun in Rome
- Camden man accused of trying to have sex with child
- Camden woman injured in 2-car crash in Vienna
- Florence man accused of raping minor in Camden last summer
- UPDATE: More than 1,000 customers still without power in Camden
- Camden man accused of having sexual contact with child