CAMDEN – New York State Police were investigating a reported hunting accident in the Camden area that occurred over the weekend.
New York State Police say a 14-year-old was struck by pellets in the upper torso and neck. Police say two hunters shot toward an embankment at a flying duck, and the teen was walking close by.
Police say his injuries are superficial.
State police have now turned the case over to investigators with the state Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Police: Teen struck by pellets from duck hunters in Camden area
- 17-year-old Camden student arrested following fight with another teen
- State police investigating roadside trash fires in Camden
- Camden police, schools, educate students for summer syringe season
- Former Camden high school student pleads guilty
- Law enforcement investigating a drowning in Camden
- Camden man critically injured in snowmobile crash
- Camden High School to offer drone course
- Possible overdose death investigation in Camden
- Used drug syringes dot Camden landscape