SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - Police say a teenager has been killed in a late-night shooting in upstate New York.
Authorities say callers reported the shooting around 11:45 p.m. Wednesday in Syracuse.
Officers arrived and found the injured teen and transported him to a hospital for treatment. He later died of his injuries.
Police have identified the teen as 15-year-old Loindale Johnson, of Syracuse. His death marks the city's 15th homicide of the year.
An investigation is ongoing, and no information about a suspect has been released.
Syracuse Police Chief Frank Fowler is scheduled to discuss the shooting Thursday morning.
- Police: Teenager killed in late-night shooting in Syracuse
- Police: Man charged in shooting of 12-year-old Syracuse boy
- Police: 2 teens shot, wounded in Syracuse
- Boonville man killed in late night snowmobile crash
- 2 people killed, 3rd person wounded in late-night Waterloo shooting
- Utica man charged in late night shooting on Bleecker Street
- Man in critical condition after late night Utica shooting
- Teen injured in late night shooting in Utica
- Utica police chief discusses late night brewery district security
- AAA team Syracuse Mets to play in Syracuse through 2043