UTICA, N.Y. -- Police have identified the suspect in custody after a Utica shooting left a man critically injured Friday.
Utica police went to Rochester to pick up the alleged shooter, 35-year-old Brandell Watkins, who was arrested there on unrelated charges.
He's being charged with second-degree attempted murder, criminal use of a firearm, and criminal possession of a weapon.
The shooting happened on South Street late Friday night. Jonathan Hines was shot multiple times in front of the IBB Mini Market. The 38-year-old has been hospitalized and is listed in critical, but stable condition.
Police say Watkins is from Rochester, and could face additional charges.
NewsChanel 2 will have more information as soon as it becomes available.
- Police ID Utica shooting suspect, victim remains critical
- Police ID Steuben Street shooting victim in Utica
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Utica police ID teen killed in Elizabeth Street shooting
- Police ID Utica man killed in crash involving motorized scooter
- Police ID Utica man killed in Higby Road crash
- Police ID teen shot in the chest in Utica
- UPDATE: Police ID victim, driver in fatal Herkimer crash
- Woman witnesses shooting in Utica, helps victim
- Man critically injured in Utica shooting, investigation ongoing