UPDATE: State police say the search for a person on Young Lake this morning in the town of Warren was a false alarm, and nobody was found.
A passerby believed they saw someone fall through the ice, but police say there were no signs of that happening.
WARREN – Police are on scene at Young Lake in the town of Warren searching for a person who may have gone through the ice, according to state troopers.
Police say that someone reported that they may have seen a person fall through the ice, but so far, police have not found signs that anyone fell through. New York State Police, several ambulances and other first responders are currently on scene at the lake off of Hoke Road.
NEWSChannel 2 crews are on scene now. We’ll provide more information as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: Police say search at Young Lake was false alarm
- False alarm closes bridge in Rome for over an hour
- Hawaii false alarm bears extra significance for top Oneida County safety official
- US hospitals raise alarm about higher-than-normal RSV cases in young children
- Divers search Oneida Lake for missing boater
- UPDATE: Police ID Jordanville teen found in Canadarago Lake
- UPDATE: Missing Long Lake man located by state police
- UPDATE: Man identified in Hinckley Lake drowning
- UPDATE: Deputies identify Delta Lake drowning victim
- Utica police investigate false reports of an armed robbery