UTICA, N.Y. – A Utica man was arrested Friday for allegedly sexually abusing a girl under the age of 11.
Gil Torres, 28, was arrested by the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office and charged with a committing a criminal sexual act in the first degree, a B felony.
Torres was arraigned in Utica City Court and sent to Oneida County Correctional Facility on $50,000 bail.
An order of protection was requested on behalf of the victim, who was also offered counseling services through the Child Advocacy Center.
- Police charge 28-year-old with sexually abusing girl under 11
- 28-year-old accused of raping girl under 15 in Rome
- Deerfield man sentenced for sexually abusing 5-year-old girl
- Missing person: State police resurface 28-year-old cold case in Oneida County
- Oneida man, already jailed on child porn charges, accused of sexually abusing young girl
- Utica man in prison for sexually abusing young girls gets more time on child porn charges
- Sex offender facing new charges for alleged child sexual abuse
- Rome Police charge teen for sexual misconduct with three young girls
- Westmoreland man accused of sexually abusing child