UTICA, N.Y. – The victim of the shooting on Blandina Street on Monday has been identified as 26-year-old Chante S. Miller, according to Utica police.
Police say the incident appears to have been a murder and attempted suicide.
Miller was found dead at the scene when police arrived.
The suspect, who police say suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, is still in critical condition.
The shooting took place just after 3 p.m. on the second-floor apartment of 1002 Blandina St.
The Major Crimes Unit is still investigating, and asks anyone with information related to the incident to call 315-223-3510.
- Police identify Blandina Street shooting victim
- Blandina Street garage fire under investigation
- Utica police investigating reported shots fired on Blandina Street
- Police: Blandina Street murder suspect was in a relationship with victim
- UPDATE: Utica Police identify Lenox Ave. fatal shooting victim
- Police ID Steuben Street shooting victim in Utica
- Frankfort police identify fatal fire victim
- 11 victims in Pittsburgh synagogue shooting are identified
- Mohawk Street shooting victim now in stable condition
- Ilion Police identify man found dead on Spruce Street