UTICA, N.Y. (UPDATE) -- Utica Police are investigating a shooting that took place on the 700 block of Roberts Street Wednesday night.
Police say they responded to a shots-fired call just after 8:30 p.m., when they found 21-year-old Daryun Prescod with a gunshot wound to the leg.
He was taken to a local hospital for treatment. Police do not believe his injuries are life threatening.
According to police, Prescod says he was sitting in his car on the street when he heard gun shots and realized he was hit.
There are no suspects in custody at this time. If anyone has information, they are asked to contact the Utica Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at 315-223-3510.
- 21-year-old man shot on Roberts Street in Utica
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash
- Utica police investigating reported shots fired on Blandina Street
- One Person shot on Oriskany Street in Utica
- Utica man charged in Hopper Street crash
- Nellis found guilty of killing 21-year-old St. Johnsville woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Oriskany Street, Utica
- Man, woman recovering following Utica shooting on Wiley Street
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Man accused in Utica's South Street shooting finds attorney