Utica (WKTV) - Police are investigating a fight where shots flew around the area of Oneida Square on Friday evening.
Police say at about 5:15 pm, they were dispatched to the Oneida Square area regarding a shots fired investigation.
Upon arrival they located a male who had been assaulted and had a large laceration to his face. Through the investigation it was learned that this party and several other males had engaged in a physical altercation and during the fight, a handgun was brandished and at least one shot was fired.
Through the use of video surveillance and interviewing on-scene witnesses a suspect was identified in the incident.
They have charged Guido Gonzalez, 25 with the following:
Criminal Possession of a Weapon 2nd (F)
Criminal Possession of a Firearm (F)
Reckless Endangerment 1st (F)
- Police make arrest after shots fired during fight
- Utica police make fourth arrest in shots fire incident on Brinckerhoff Avenue
- Police arrest Utica man after shots fired on Erie Street
- Arrests made in Utica shots-fired investigation
- Utica Police investigating a shots fired incident
- Utica Police investigate a shots fired incident
- Third suspect arrested in Utica shots fired incident
- Two arrests made in Utica after shots fired investigation
- Shots fired on Churchill Avenue
- UPDATE: Police say report of shots fired was actually fireworks