UTICA, N.Y. – Police say a car driving the wrong way on I-790 caused a head-on collision Wednesday in Utica.
The collision happened just before noon on Wednesday near the Thruway ramp.
Both drivers were sent to the hospital to be evaluated, but police say there don't appear to be any serious injuries.
The front ends of both cars are significantly damaged.
Police had a portion of the road blocked off while they cleared the scene.
- UPDATE: Car driving wrong way on highway causes crash on I-790
- DWI charge for woman driving wrong way on Utica arterial, crashing into oncoming car
- Self-driving car concerns
- UPDATE: 4 Herkimer County Highway Department employees injured in crash
- New York Jets player charged after wrong-way tunnel crash
- Local car theft ends in car crash
- Car crashes through Rome storefront
- Whitesboro car crash under investigation
- Updated numbers on teen driving dangers
- Woman charged with felony DWI after driving wrong way down Thruway