WATERLOO, N.Y. (AP) - State police have released the name of the upstate New York man who was fatally shot last week in an attack that also left a woman dead and a second woman wounded.
Troopers say 60-year-old Charlie Andrus of Seneca Falls was among the victims in Tuesday's late-night shooting in the Seneca County village of Waterloo.
Police say 48-year-old Emerson Tohafjian of Fayette also fatally shot his ex-girlfriend, 53-year-old Lori McConnell, and wounded 50-year-old Karen Zdunko at Zdunko's apartment after the two women were dropped off by a taxi after a night out.
Tohafjian was tracked down to a nearby campground, where he surrendered after cutting his neck and wrist. He was later released from a hospital and charged with two counts of second-degree murder.
Tohafjian has pleaded not guilty.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police release name of 2nd person fatally shot in Waterloo
- 2 people killed, 3rd person wounded in late-night Waterloo shooting
- State police: Man armed with knife fatally shot by trooper
- Police say woman fatally shot as husband was cleaning gun
- 2 fatally shot at Central Michigan University
- 2 employees fatally shot during robbery at Syracuse-area restaurant
- Two men hurt in fatal helicopter crash released from hospital
- Man charged in Oneonta fatal fire being released from jail
- Homeowner in Deerfield double-fatal shooting being released from jail
- Police release more details on shots fired incident outside Proctor High School