NEW YORK (AP) - Police say they rescued two men from a 25-foot sailboat that was sinking during stormy weather at a Long Island dock. Officers responding to a 911 call recused the victims in the middle of the night Saturday in Fire Island Harbor. The Suffolk County Police Marine Bureau said that the lines on the sailboat broke and it was smashing against the dock and other boats. Officers maneuvered a rescue boat next to the sailboat and helped the two men to jump safely to their vessel.
Police say they rescued two men from a 25-foot sailboat that was sinking during stormy weather at a Long Island dock.
Posted: May 30, 2021 10:00 AM
- Police rescue 2 men from sinking boat at Long Island dock
- Four people rescued from capsized boat in Long Island Sound
- Boat sinks on Delta Lake
- Long Island dog rescue volunteers in Utica; Kim Strong nowhere to be found
- Weather Service confirms low-grade tornado hit Long Island
- UPDATE: 17 killed in Missouri duck boat sinking ranged in age from 1 to 70
- At least 58 people killed as boat carrying migrants sinks off Mauritania coast
- 2 people, dog rescued from Oneida Lake after boat capsizes
- Rescue Dogs Rescue Soldiers
Scroll for more content...