UTICA – The man who crashed into a tree in Utica this past weekend has died.
Utica Police say just after 2:00 Saturday morning 26-year-old Jacob Perkins of Utica was found inside his vehicle on Culver Avenue, near Armory Drive, after he had been involved in an accident. Police say a passerby spotted Perkins in his car, and Utica firefighters had to remove Perkins from the vehicle. He was transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center, where he was placed on life support and listed in critical condition.
On Tuesday, Perkins died from injuries he sustained in the crash.
Police say they continue to investigate the incident, and no one was in the vehicle with Perkins at the time of the crash. Anyone with any information is asked to call 315-735-3301. Calls can be kept confidential.
- Utica man involved in Culver Ave. crash has died
- Man in critical condition after crash on Culver Ave.
- Police ID Utica man killed in crash involving motorized scooter
- Sheriff's office vehicle involved in crash in Utica
- Construction underway for Cliff's Local Market on Culver Avenue
- Man sentenced for marijuana, money laundering scheme involving Utica area
- Utica man charged in 2007 rape case involving 2 children
- Utica man charged in Hopper Street crash
- Mohawk man dies after motorcycle crash
- Man dies after driving vehicle into South Utica house