CORINTH, N.Y. (AP) - Police say an upstate New York woman was killed in an apparent accident when a shot discharged as her husband was cleaning his gun.
New York state police say 34-year-old Ashley Rosenbrock was shot Thursday night in her home in Corinth. She was pronounced dead at Saratoga Hospital.
Police said Saturday that Rosenbrock's 35-year-old husband, Eric Rosenbrock, was "performing maintenance" on his legally owned handgun when it went off.
The investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.
The Post-Star of Glens Falls reports that Eric Rosenbrock is a science teacher in the Lake George school district and the father of three young children with his wife. The couple had an 18-month-old daughter who died from an infection five years ago.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police say woman fatally shot as husband was cleaning gun
- Police release name of 2nd person fatally shot in Waterloo
- State police: Man armed with knife fatally shot by trooper
- 2 fatally shot at Central Michigan University
- Ilion woman to donate liver to best friend's husband
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Camden woman accused of stabbing husband of 42 years
- Cleaning up from Thanksgiving
- 2 employees fatally shot during robbery at Syracuse-area restaurant
- UPDATE: Police say man shot friend with pellet gun in Rome