LENOX, N.Y. -- Police say a Lenox man was arrested after he allegedly grabbed a woman's face, ripped her nose ring out of her nose, then slapped her face, pushed her down some stairs and held a shovel to her.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office reports the man and woman were fighting while in the presence of the woman's three kids.
Clarence Allen Jr., 52, of Lenox, is charged with menacing, endangering the welfare of a child and harassment.
The incident happened shortly after 6 p.m. on Feb. 26 at a home on Briggs Bay Road in the town of Lenox, according to the Madison County Sheriff's Office.
Dispatchers report the woman was heard screaming over the 911 call. When police arrived they say Allen was standing near the road. The woman was still inside the home, bleeding from her nose and her mouth.
Allen was arraigned and released on his own recognizance.
- Police: Suspect leaves woman bleeding from nose, mouth
- Man punches bear in nose to survive attack
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer comes to Utica
- Bridgewater motorcycle accident leaves woman hospitalized
- Stop the Bleed training could help you save a life, possibly your own
- Thousands of 'Stop The Bleed' kits being sold all over the country
- Officer sustains fractured eye, nose after inmate attack at Mid-State Correctional Facility
- Marijuana found in man's nose 18 years after he smuggled it into prison
- Toronto collision leaves 9 dead, 16 injured; suspect in custody
- Rome woman accused of leaving dog inside vehicle during festival