LYONS, N.Y. (AP) - Police have scheduled a news conference to discuss the case of the missing 1-year-old son of a woman whose body was found buried at an upstate New York farm last spring.
Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts announced Monday night that he'll hold the news conference Tuesday afternoon at sheriff office headquarters in Lyons.
Owen Hidalgo-Calderon was last seen with his mother, Selena Hidalgo-Calderon, on May 16 at a farm in the town of Sodus where they lived with her boyfriend. Her body was found a week later in a bag buried on the farm.
Virts has said the boyfriend, 26-year-old Everardo Donoteo-Reyes, admitted to burying her, but not killing her.
Crews spent nearly two weeks searching for the child before halting the efforts.
- Police to discuss case of missing 1-year-old boy
- Three boys, including 1-year-old, killed in Herkimer fire
- Missing autistic boy found alive
- Norwich man sentenced for causing death of 1-year-old daughter
- Norwich police: 1-year-old child dies after being assaulted by father
- Dolgeville police continue investigating case of missing man
- NYPD officers pry 1-year-old child from mother's arms in startling video
- UPDATE: Police to provide update on case of missing St. Johnsville woman
- Missing person: State police resurface 28-year-old cold case in Oneida County
- 15-year-old boy reported missing in Delaware County found