NEW YORK MILLS, N.Y.-This weekend, the Polish American festival is happening in New York Mills.
The festival started Friday and lasts until Saturday at Sacred Heard Church on Main Street.
The festival has been going on for more than 30 years.
There is plenty of polish food including around 2,000 homemade pierogis. Plenty of activities too including polka bands, dancers, and games. Of course, it’s all polish.
“The polish food is what’s the main attraction.” said Hank Esser the festival chairman. “There are a couple of things we have out here, if we didn’t have them we could still have a festival.”
Esser added that the polish kitchen is the key to drawing people to the festival each and every year, as people usually come for the polish food.
The festival continues Saturday. Festivities run from 9:00am-11:00pm. Admission and parking are free.
- Polish festival happening this weekend in New York Mills
- New York Mills celebrates Polish heritage
- Mug Club: Fall Polish Festival
- Bavarian Festival happening this weekend in Marcy
- Mug Club: Polish-American Parish Festival & Flea Market
- Water Main break in New York Mills
- Increased patrols at New York Mills School
- New York Mills, Newport remember 9/11
- Mug Club: Polish-American Fest & Flea Market
- Holy Trinity Church welcomes the Polish community