ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - The latest Siena College poll shows Gov. Andrew Cuomo holding big leads over two potential Republican challengers as the Democrat seeks a third term in office.
The poll released Monday found that registered voters in New York state prefer Cuomo over Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro by 57 percent to 29 percent. They also favor Cuomo over state Sen. John DeFrancisco, of Syracuse, 57 percent to 28 percent.
Democrats overwhelmingly favor Cuomo over a potential primary challenger, actress Cynthia Nixon, by 66 percent to 19 percent. There have been reports Nixon, best known for her work on HBO's "Sex and the City," is considering challenging Cuomo in the September primary.
The poll of 772 registered voters was conducted March 11-16. The margin of error is plus-minus 4.0 percentage points.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Poll: Cuomo holds big leads over potential GOP challengers
- Poll: Cuomo maintains big lead over Nixon among NY Dems
- Poll: Cuomo holds big lead over Nixon among NY Dem voters
- Pro-Cuomo website backfires when GOP challenger buys URL
- Asked about Cynthia Nixon as challenger, Cuomo cracks jokes
- GOP buys Cuomo ticket to Canada after US greatness comment
- Democrats capture House, GOP holds Senate
- NY GOP leaders pick Molinaro in gubernatorial straw poll
- Gillibrand, GOP challenger debate NY Senate race issues