ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A new poll says New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is maintaining a big lead over Cynthia Nixon among state Democrats - though the "Sex and the City" actress is gaining slightly on the two-term incumbent.
The Siena College survey released Tuesday found that Cuomo leads Nixon among registered Democratic voters by 58 percent to 27 percent.
Last month, a Siena poll found that 66 percent of registered Democratic respondents backed Cuomo, compared to 19 percent for Nixon.
Tuesday's poll also gives Cuomo commanding leads over two Republican candidates for governor, Syracuse state Sen. John DeFrancisco and Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro.
The survey of 692 registered voters was conducted April 8-12 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.3 percentage points.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Poll: Cuomo maintains big lead over Nixon among NY Dems
- Poll: Cuomo holds big lead over Nixon among NY Dem voters
- Cuomo defeats Nixon in NY gubernatorial primary
- UPDATE: Cuomo and Nixon vote in NY primary election
- Liberal group endorses Nixon over Cuomo in NY governor race
- Poll: Cuomo holds big leads over potential GOP challengers
- Capitol Watch: Special election, Nixon-Cuomo taxes
- VIDEO: Cuomo and Nixon spar in debate
- Capitol Watch: Nixon backs Cuomo, sort of