UTICA, N.Y. -- National Grid has issued an alert Wednesday morning on the massive road construction project along Route 5S and Oriskany Street.
Representatives say customers could experience power outages next week.
The next phase of the project requires relocation of utilities, and new manholes being built – expected to last through the winter.
A total of 30 to 40 customers, mainly commercial properties, will be impacted by outages.
“There will be work throughout the corridor. We will keep folks updated with travel advisories. We will probably have lane closures that are going to go in. But again as thigs progress we will keep folks up to date everyday on how that progression is going and what the travel impacts may be,” said NYS DOT’s Jim Piccola.
The DOT says they hope to have the Burrstone Road bridge complete by next week.
- Power outages due to Oriskany Street construction expected
- Oriskany Street accident causes traffic delays
- Traffic alert: Expected lane closures on Route 5S Oriskany Street in Utica
- UPDATE: Widespread power outage mostly restored
- Power outage impacting some in New Hartford
- North Utica Walmart reopens after power outage
- Traffic alert due to construction in Dolgeville
- Utica construction: Detours for Seneca, Washington streets
- Utica streets closed due to flooding