A prisoner briefly escaped from custody on Friday while being transported from Utica city court.
Oneida County Sheriff's officials say 25-year-old Raheim Bradford was being escorted by sheriff's deputies to a transport van around 12:40 Friday afternoon when he got away. Officials say he was quickly apprehended.
Besides his original charge of grand larceny, Bradford is now also facing an escape charge. He is being held in the oneida county jail without bail.
- Prisoner Escapes in Utica
- Inmate escapes correction officer custody in Utica
- Fourth transfer for David Sweat since prison escape in 2015
- Top gun offender in Utica sentenced to prison time
- Utica man sentenced to prison time for killing girlfriend's baby
- Ex-worker at NY prison where 2 killers escaped faces charges
- Utica Brewfest 2018- Utica Zoo's biggest fundraiser
- Utica man sentenced to prison time for role in local heroin trafficking organization
- Top offender of gun violence in Utica faces up to 15 years in prison
- Utica man sentenced to prison time in connection to 2013 shooting death